Monday, December 8, 2014

Alejandro Guijarro - Momentum

Holy shit I'm in love I think.

http://www.alejandroguijarro.com/ongoing/blackboards/

This is some of the best work I've personally seen in awhile. This guy is travelling the world to visit the laboratories and studies of some of the foremost researchers working on quantum mechanics. He simply photographs the blackboards as he sees them, and presents them as large prints. ITS EVERYTHING I WANT TO DO. I've had an idea for a series recently that involves making large prints of complex graphs with absolutely no context. I like the idea of knowledge and information operating as foreign language; something is there, and you know it, but you can't get anything from it. The art is directly in front of you, the experience is immediate, but the information is years of studying away from you. Holy fuck I love it so much. Seeing his stuff makes me want to start my new series immediately. I need an organic chemistry book, that shit is wildly confusing.

This also makes me think about Cy Twombly, and artist I know nothing about. Perhaps he would be another person to look at for all of this?






No comments:

Post a Comment