Monday, December 1, 2014

Liesa Collins - Weekly Artist Post

Gordon Stettinius






Gordon Stettinius is an American photographer based in Richmond, Va. He is the founder and director of Candela Gallery and Books. This series that he did in collaboration with Terry Brown is called the Mangini Studio Series and has over fifty studio disguises mainly focused around hair. This series is currently on view at Page Bond Gallery. When I was a freshmen, I emailed Gordon about some information on this series because I was recreating the idea in my own project. He was super great about it and told me it originated from an assignment when he taught at VCU and just messing around with Terry in the studio that they met at. Terry Brown is also an amazing person who I love to talk to whenever I get the chance. This is more of an appreciation text than anything. But this series is tight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment