Monday, November 12, 2012

A few new ideas

I tried a couple new things this week. First, I have gotten in touch with a bunch of mothers with daughters around Richmond that are willing to let me hang out with them and photograph for a few hours as they engage in an activity that they habitually enjoy doing together. I had the first of these shoots this weekend.

The next new thing is that I went home to North Carolina for part of my weekend. I photographed my mom and she photographed me.

Lastly, while at home I discovered three huge boxes of my old diaries, journals, artwork, etc. from when I was younger. I went through everything and brought back 1 shoebox of the best stuff. Here are a few (of many like this) that reference my mom being at work or away or that use phrases that I now see as a plea for attention.

I generally don't like to explain my work too much because I want to see how it functions without an explanation first. But here I'm really hoping for some feedback from you guys. I'm not sure if these pictures of my mom and the scans should be a separate project or if they have a place with my other images. I know I want to do something with them and since they are related I thought I'd give it a go.

Sentence: I'm exploring my former, childhood relationship with my mom by observing mothers and daughters together and how their own relationships function.

No comments:

Post a Comment