Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Artist - Andie Younkin

Bertien van Manen

Give Me Your Image





"Bertien van Manen has travelled through countless countries in Europe to photograph photographs. She had to enter dwellings and souls, and also the dwellings of souls and the souls of the dwellings. This was a study of interior photography -if by ’interior’ one means something more than simply the inside of a room- say, the inner essence, the core of human being."

I like the way she photographs photographs in order to portray a person. In my work, I am using many found photographs of my own or of people who I do not even know. She has a way of using the environment around the photograph to give even more detail about the person in the photograph. I hope to be able to accomplish this with my objects that i am using in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment