Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Andrew Wyeth & Adriana Duque

I'm picking two artists because I've been a bad student, and we kind of talked about one of them last class.


Andrew Wyeth
We mentioned Wyeth's image Christina's World during my critique on Monday, and I've found myself seeing home in many of his paintings. The images feel like memories, and I can easily create the smells and sounds that exist in his spaces. Thank you guys for mentioning him to me!




Adriana Duque often works with the idea of childhood and the magic that is typically associated with it. She also has a way of photographing in a formal manner that blatantly references the traditional clothing, lighting, and posing of historical paintings. I find that I would be interested in incorporating a bit of this style into some of the more formal portraits I've been working on for my work in this class.





No comments:

Post a Comment