Monday, August 27, 2012

Andrew B. Myers






Andrew B. Myers is a photographer / image maker based in Toronto, Canada. He focuses a lot on small scale narratives and interaction with objects playing with pastel colors, geometric shapes and clean designs, and touch of humour. 
Of his work, he writes, ‘I admire (and am jealous to an effect) of the sheer control painters have over the imagery they produce, lacking a lot of the external variables that photographers deal with all the time. I guess I like taking this sensibility to my work, using these variables that photography has to offer but bringing a very tight element of control in terms of colour and composition. I’m not quite sure where I became so obsessed with washed out colours, sunlit shadows and negative space, but it must have something to do with how much I fetishized warm weather, the beach, and open areas during the summer in the remote area I come from, which I mostly remember as freezing and covered in several feet of snow’.










No comments:

Post a Comment