Friday, August 24, 2012

Craig L. Walker

First off, like I promised, here's the C-41 Processing kit that I mentioned that is cheap and will save you lots of money if you want to do film like me, in our concepts class. If you have any questions regarding it, I would suggest asking Georgi about it. He has since moved to Chicago, but his e-mail should still be up and running. He taught the summer Alternative Processing and Techniques class how to use the C-41 Jobo Press Kit. It is $20.99 before S&H on this website:

http://www.calumetphoto.com/eng/product/jobo_c_41_press_kit_1_liter_/jb4103

and on b&h, i found this, which is a tad cheaper:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/109267-REG/Tetenal_T109306_C_41_Press_Kit_for.html

Alright, as for photographer. I wanted to find a new photographer that related to the work I hope to do in this class: I mentioned something about finding justice and my interest in it, especially for people, like my mother, who suffer Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from living in a war zone, alongside living through near-death natural disasters. She shows obvious signs of it, but tries to pretend like her personality is normal.

I looked around for a bit and found photographer Craig L. Walker, who just won the Pulitzer Prize for his Photo story on soldier Brian Scott Ostrom, who returned from his second deployment in Iraq, and who suffers obvious PTSD. The photos are telling and honest. They are disturbing, but powerful. For the full photo story, make sure to check out the link that I provided.http://www.pulitzer.org/works/2012-Feature-Photography#

 
 






1 comment:

  1. Wow, these photos are really intense. As someone with PTSD, they also make me very anxious. This is cool.

    ReplyDelete