Friday, August 24, 2012

Andy Goldsworthy


"At its most successful, my "touch" looks into the heart of nature; most days I don't even get close. These things are all part of a transient process that I cannot understand unless my touch is also transient; only in this way can the cycle remain unbroken and the process be complete. "
-Andy Goldsworthy 

Like I said before about being alone on issues not feeling like I belong, so I started to enjoy characters in books, drawing, painting, nature. I found a connection in the environment when I had no one else to turn to. That connection with an unknown force. Being out in nature and coexisting with everything around me, was very meditative. Andy Goldsworthy truly, in my opinion, represents what its like to just go with the flow, connecting to nature and just making "love" with it. By taking what nature offers and putting his own unique touch of creativity he designed beautiful sculptural patterns, which basically look like a nature installation. Afterwards he would document his experience by taking a photo. Look at the beauty of what nature and man can make with nothing but what each provides to the other. His work inspires me to not exactly do the same, but go in nature with really nothing find what is immersed and make art, to see what me and nature can do. By connecting with not only nature but once finished to show others by maybe leaving it there overtime for people to see and enjoy; that you are never really alone, you always have something or someone to turn to.

http://www.ucblueash.edu/artcomm/web/w2005_2006/maria_Goldsworthy/TEST/index.html









No comments:

Post a Comment