Monday, August 29, 2016

BRUCE CONNER

I recently saw an exhibition of Bruce Conner's life work at MoMA when I was in NYC over the summer entitled BRUCE CONNER: IT'S ALL TRUE.  I recognized one or two of his most famous works, but I really enjoyed getting to see a larger collection of his body of work together.  The exhibition was made up of everything and anything he dabbled with in his life time, from films, photograms and photographs to assemblages, drawings and prints.  Bruce Conner was a west coast artist that came out of the post war era; his pieces are known for being surrealist and haunting.  I really enjoyed looking and learning more about him and his works and highly recommend everyone to check him out as well:

http://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/1614?locale=en

Bruce Conner's "Sound of Two Hand Angel," 1974

No comments:

Post a Comment