Monday, August 29, 2016

VALIE EXPORT

Austrian artist, most prominent work is from the late 60's and 70's.
I saw a few photographs from her "Body Configurations" series in Berlin this summer, she's a badass.

Who Is Valie Export? Just Look, Please Touch

She is most popularly known for her radical performances. The series "Body Configurations" feels a bit different, maybe quieter than her other performances, but is still in the same vein as her "expanded cinema" work.

VALIE-EXPORT-Koerperkonfiguration-07 VALIE-EXPORT-Koerperkonfiguration-09VALIE-EXPORT-Koerperkonfiguration-01VALIE-EXPORT-Koerperkonfiguration-13

6 comments:

  1. So she basically created planking

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the intensity in her work-"tap and touch cinema". Kind of made my skin crawl because of how intimate the experience was with the person reaching through, but I admit I respect her. To keep it short and sweet- She's bold, I like her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How she's exploring shapes and surfaces in "Body Configurations" is interesting in the way that it allows the viewer to appreciate/think about space and the way objects occupy it. Gotta agree with Natalies comment...shes bold I like her too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this artist as well. What strikes me is how moved I am by the image. It's so simple, but yet so powerful--sometimes the city just needs a hug too..

    ReplyDelete