Sunday, October 5, 2014

Weekly Artist Post - Liesa Collins

Roe Ethridge






"Roe Ethridge’s photography emanates from his direct experience of the world. His focus is multiple and restless, capturing the vivid and intimate details of his various locales. He integrates conceptual photography with commercial work, including out-takes from his own shoots and borrowed images already in circulation in other contexts. With this democratic attitude, Ethridge works to capture the vivid and intimate details of his shifting locales within photography’s classic genres of portrait, landscape, and still life."
This photographer was mentioned during my critique so I researched him. The unique compositions are something I gravitate towards with his still life series. But more importantly I think the hard to figure narrative about the images is something I'd like to achieve as a photographer. Why not make art bout nothing? Does anything really matter anymore? This is making me excited to path down my "zero context" route. 

No comments:

Post a Comment