Sunday, October 9, 2011

Success of Failure

This was a very in-depth and long-winded essay accumulating several different ideas and perspectives of the definition of failure. What I most appreciate about this piece is its light hand in dealing with each perspective. Fisher does not presume that his interpretations are correct, because it would be a huge inherent contradiction in writing such a piece. An important concept I took from the reading was the idea that failure is more tangible than success, and from each failure a definitive boundary is made and beyond it is an array of intangibles. Through drawing a line of experience, I can see myself becoming more comfortable and confident in my own self to trust my gut direction, even when it pulls towards something I can't see.

No comments:

Post a Comment