Sunday, January 26, 2014

Amber-Lynn Taber, Five Artisits


Emotional

The typologies of the Bechers seem emotionless, but the emotion is cold and sterile. I appreciate their work for its simplicity and yet the complexity it holds questioning technology.









Amy Stein



Intellectual

I think Amy Stein’s ‘Domesticated’ really parallels intellectually the way I think in natural habitat of these animals.





Content
Sternfeld explores of society and has an eye for its ironies. His works ‘Stranger Passing’ and ‘On This Site’ are my favorites.











Thomas Demand
Formally Speaking

Demand’s work in its actuality appeals to me. The fact that he destroys every set after photographing it, making the photograph the only record of it’s existence is an interesting idea.





Terry Richardson
Opposite

I strongly dislike the existence of this man mostly due to his exploitive, rude and degrading ‘photography,’ if we can even call it that. I think that sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment