Sunday, January 26, 2014

Maggie Morris- Artists

Cindy Sherman, Woman in Sun Dress, 2003
Although I appreciate some of Cindy Sherman's work, I couldn't imagine any photo more opposite from mine than this one. In a way I admire her ability to pull off such an over the top photo, without looking like she tried too hard.  
Website: http://www.cindysherman.com/
Philip Lorco Dicorcia, Mario, 1978, from the series Family and Friends, ektacolor print, 20 x 24 inches
I see a formal relation with the lighting he uses, especially with my photo of the bedroom with the religious statue overhead. They both use mundane coloring and low like to create an unsettling feeling








Kai Löffelbein, Kids of Sodom
This photographer document environmental and social issues which I feel relates to my interests intellectually, as my goal is to be able to capture images that have an impact on the viewer and provides vital information that would otherwise never be seen.




Francesca Woodman, Untitled Rome
This photo reminds me a lot of my self portraits on film in terms of the emotions that it gives off. The mysterious and daunting feeling I believe connects to my work. 














Jerry Berndt, Soul of Los Angeles 
This photographer connects to my work in terms of the content. He did a series on different types of religion which is something that often appears in my work at times unconsciously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment