Thursday, January 23, 2014

My 5 artists - John Dougan



Connection                   Artist                                    Website

Emotional                   Stephen Mclaren                   www.stephenmclaren.com
Statement; Photographs Scotland in a nostalgic way, playing with my own push and pull opinion of staying there or immigrating.

                                      











Content                               LaToya Ruby Frazier             www.latoyarubyfrazier.com
Statement; Describes herself as a conceptual, documentary artist. This title is something that sits
comfortably with me, my work and my intentions.

                                  photography

Intellectual                 Marco Di Lauro                      www.marcodilauro.com
Statement; He offers a well rounded perspective on war and religion, two topics I intend on pursuing in my career in a similar style to his work.

                                 

Opposite                     Thomas Hischhorn                 www.arndtberlin.com/website/artist_1030
Statement; His installations are all about causing disorder and a mess, I am at a time in my life when I am trying to put things in order and clean stuff up.

                                 

Formal                        David Eustace                        www.davideustace.com

Statement; Eustace is the poster boy for my original photography department in Edinburgh, although I don’t find his work motivating I feel like the training I am receiving there could formally lead me into that line of work.  

                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment