Sunday, January 26, 2014

Whitney C - Five Artists

TAMAS DEZSO    intellectual

Dezso's most recent work focuses on the effect on industrialization and the loss of generations worth of tradition and heritage in small Romanian villages. The general relationship between urbanization and loss of tradition is a concept I personally find very intriguing. 


SALLY MANNcontent


While I don't shoot exactly like Mann, I find that I draw a lot of inspiration from the closeness she has shown with her family throughout the history of her family portraits. She also is small and for being so smiley, doesn't seem to give a f**k what people have to say about her work. 

TESS MAYERformal
 

Tess Mayer is actually just someone on flickr, and kind of overlaps here with content. She photographs her little sister for the most part, but she uses a lot of soft, natural lighting to shoot her portraits.

CINDY SHERMAN opposite

Conceptually speaking, I think Sherman does great things, but I just cannot find that I'm ever drawn to her work. It is always so constructed and over-the-top that it actually makes me uncomfortable to look at. I don't hate her violently though. I'm sure I could find something I more passionately dislike.

THERON HUMPHREYemotional

While Humphrey's work is not the most groundbreaking, I feel a connection through his passion to connect with people and understand something about their background. It's background  and relationship that tends to drive a lot of my work. Also dogs. I really, really, love dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment