Sunday, January 26, 2014

Clayton Leverett - 5 artists





Michael Ross' work resonates with me on an emotional level because his work evokes this sense of "I'm in this to have some fun and make something awesome" which is usually how I feel about making work.
http://mrossphoto.com/wordpress32/

In terms of content, the first person that comes to mind is Ansel Adams, and yes that is kind of a cop out but he really is all about nature and landscapes and getting out in that, and my work usually has landscapes or is shot in that style, and his work reflects that so thats why I feel it relates. 
http://www.anseladams.com

I feel like on and intellectual level Derek Goodwin's work resonates with mine, with the animal side at least. His work is about loving and respecting animals, even those we don't normally think about like pigs, cows, and chickens.

For formal approach, I chose Daniel Lisson for the single reason that he just goes out into the world and finds something that looks cool or catches his eye and goes from there.

The opposite of my work would probably be Gregory Crewdson. He spends weeks planning out, setting up, and taking fake and unnatural photos and spends thousands of dollars doing so. I can't imagine anything more opposite of what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment