Sunday, March 2, 2014

Anderson Gallery

One of the issues brought up with the issue of censorship. The issue was mostly brought up when looking at Larry Clark's Tulsa series. I think that by not showing the work in full, it almost is unfair to those who are viewing the series, as well as I imagine the artist's intention was for these images to be seen as a whole. The images would potentially have a different impact on viewers if seens as a whole. I think that someone's work can be censored as well as an artist may decide to censor their own work. Sometimes with my own work I will come up with potential ideas and before I even have the chance to explore that idea further or make any type of image based on that idea, I'll decide against using it and move onto something else, sometimes out of fear of how it could potentially be viewed or received.

No comments:

Post a Comment