Monday, March 31, 2014

Jessica Berry - Artist

"I have always had an interest in the business of sex workers. 
There is evidence of sex workers, or at least sexual services, being traded for goods dating back to Egyptian times. It has always been a taboo subject and profession that to this day, admitting you are an in the industry often times will generally cause shame to you/your family. 
I decided to put myself into the shoes, so to speak, of these workers. I dressed up as a different identity each time and posed on anyone's couch who would let me AND for the first time ever, i let my process of shooting myself be watched. 
For a trade of using their couch, they got a show." 



When I found this work I responded more to her process then the images with letting others watch as she poses. I'm doing something similar, but letting them control which poses I make and what I do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment