Monday, March 31, 2014

Cleon Peterson


     Cleon Peterson's work is important to me for a handful of reasons. The graphic nature of the line work and symbols as well as the color palette employed are eye catching and dynamic and are similar to a lot of the other sects of art making that interest and inspire me outside of fine art and photography. The socio-political violence and barbarity are very clear along with representing an unsympathetic/classless society. These particular depictions resonate with me strongly due to my personal beliefs about the world, survival, and the current legal and political environment. I think it's important that people are making this work and not taking liberty and free speech for granted even in simple, seemingly obvious ways like this.
Cleon Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment