Saturday, March 1, 2014

Augustine Kofie


Augustine Kofie is a multidisciplinary artist based in California whose work ranges from expired polaroids to 3-D installation work. His work influences me in that there is such a variety of it and it is clear that all of his works are influenced by some other practice but also because of its precision and graphic appeal. For quite some time, I've tried to absorb everything I liked or thought was cool and later understand why and mold it into a way for me to learn and inform my own work. Kofie has been one of those points of reference for a few years now. Much of his work is about place and is often based off location specific architecture in one way or another. In this way and others, it demonstrates and connection and passion for his work and what influences it.

Augustine Kofie

No comments:

Post a Comment