Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ross Trimmer


Ross Trimmer is a local craftsmen dedicated to predominantly sign painting/brush lettering and tattooing. I take inspiration from everything around me but tattoos and lettering are two things outside of my discipline that continuously inspire with their visual compositions, cultural significance, and value as objects. Ross works in the American Traditional style of tattooing and I'm fascinating with the history of tattooing and its general nature of permanence, identification/identity, and its influence on other artistic sects. Text in imagery really never struck me as great and to honest, I dislike it strongly but text and lettering in almost any form interests me and allows me to function creatively outside of image making. I think it's incredibly important for my process and motivation to be able to perform creatively through other outlets to keep my photography motivation strong but not burnt out.

No comments:

Post a Comment