Sunday, September 4, 2011

bluegs

I myself am not one to follow numbers of blogs, but I do see it's merit in the professional art world. Before the photo program at vcu, I falsely was under the illusion that blogs were something that out of work people or people with too much time on their hands did as a pastime to fill their afternoons. I had this image of someone at home just finishing their lunch as they halfhearted perused other people's rantings or on the opposite spectrum, someone angrily interjecting their own injustices of the world in a heated/ diabolical way for all of the interweb to view. Anyway, I admit that I bought into that stereotype.
So far my favorite and what I find to be most convenient blog, is this one: http://www.booooooom.com/page/4/
It's nice because it gives you a little example of the artist's work (usually their newest/ most popular stuff) and from there you can decide to click on the link to their personal website. It's fast and you don't have to sail through a bunch of writing, unless of course you want more information, in which case it is available to you. It also showcases some interesting illustrators along with photographers, which for me is a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment