Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Like. 2.

I really like the first image on this website: Kelly Angard. It looks like the hands are straining hard to pull on a heavy weight, but as you scroll down the end of the rope is visible. Very sneaky!
I think her website is kind of strange but some of her work is very beautiful.

While researching for my English 200 paper, I came across this BBC/Discovery Channel show, called Going Tribal. It's about a guy who travels around the world and immerses himself into isolated tribes to better understand their culture. It's very interesting. I like this series because I feel like he's genuinely interested in the tribes, and he wants to share his experiences with the world, but he's not exploiting them. That's how it appears to me. Anyway, in this episode he lives with cannibals! They eat their enemies to free the spirits of the people the enemies murdered. So, they murder and consume their enemies to avenge previous deaths... strange, but I guess that's how humans interpret logic sometimes. Anyway, he's part 1 on youtube:  Going Tribal video. At one point during the video, a few men and a little boy are looking at themselves in the LCD flip screen on the video camera. They don't have mirrors and are fascinated by their reflections. It's amazing to me that people in the world not only don't have access to cameras, but have never seen one before!

No comments:

Post a Comment