Thursday, February 6, 2014

Rachel Baran - artist

Rachael is a young artist from ohio, who works mostly with surreal self portraits. She uses mostly photoshop to accomplish most of her photos, which is something I admire (because I'm not that good at photoshop yet haha). Because she is just starting out as a self taught photographer she doesn't really have a real website other than flicker (which is meh). Even with her age and lack of professional experience in photography she has already started to attract attention to herself. I found her on tumblr I was drawn to her photos for their simple and unworldly qualities, though I admit that I'm not interested in all of her photography (it can get a bit gimmicky at times). But the photos I picked out as well as a few others really resonate with me (more for their aesthetic quality than any underlying feelings they might evoke). With the new project we were just assigned, I was planning on taking it in a surreal direction, and probably making it self portraiture as well (but we'll see) because of how my rearranged paragraph made me feel and what it made me think of. These photos are good inspiration in that respect. 




No comments:

Post a Comment