Sunday, February 9, 2014

Whitney Cole - Artist (Jason Travis)

Jason Travis' series "Persona" seems to have a method that coincides with our recent strangers project. I don't know if this work is desperately trying to be conceptual, but he does a great job displaying the relationship between these individuals and their belongings. Not all of them are strangers, but I think that this method could be useful when I'm trying to shoot strangers in the future (maybe?). On a strictly formal basis, I find his images beautifully shot and the objects well-composed. My nosey side is very excited to pry into the property of these individuals I know nothing about.


Potentially, I see myself relating to him because he spends his time shooting commercial work, which makes me feel less discouraged about my photographic future.




No comments:

Post a Comment