Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Throwing Spaghetti at the Wall- Amber-Lynn Taber

As for the overall assignment itself, I don't know what I can expect to learn from meticulously cutting twelve point font words out of a printed Word document with the obvious exception of patience. Unfortunately the sound of cutting scissors was far from meditative for me, let alone music. If anything, it was painful like nails on a chalkboard but maybe this is an endurance exercise. The free flow writing portion was beneficial to assist in determining my concerns and cares, allowing me to say what I truly think when I'm not over thinking what to say. I'm disappointed to learn that for this exercise it would seem not every word matters because I was very much enjoying the writing portion and thought that every word I wrote would be a significant part of the exercise for myself and each of us as individuals. I'm a little confused where cutting every word comes into play here but I'm sure there's a valid logic behind it. At the very least I suspect by the end of this I will be better skilled in knowing what I care about and cleaning glue out from under my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment