Monday, October 27, 2014

Anne Forrester- Weekly Post

http://www.npr.org/2014/10/19/356126314/first-listen-daniel-lanois-flesh-and-machine?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=2044 <----Daniel Lanois npr article

I found this artist on NPR's first listen, which I first have to acknowledge how great NPR and NPR music are and the countless artists I've found through their programming. This artist's album, "Flesh and Machine," is characterized by no distinct songs, no lyrics. He simply uses unrecognizable instruments to create tones and texture. In a few instances he uses voices/vocals but simply to create tones and texture as he did with the other sounds. What I realized with this is not necessarily how inspired/motivated I am by this music or music and general, but rather I am interested in thinking, writing learning about music

No comments:

Post a Comment