Monday, October 13, 2014

Raven McCarter - A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night

Ana Lily Amirpour’s A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night is never what you expect it to be. A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night is a 2014 Iranian horror film directed by Ana Lily Amirpour and starring Sheila Vand, Arash Marandi, Marshall ManeshDominic Rains, and Mozhan Marnò. A "Iranian vampire Western”, the first of it's kind.




A short excerpt from an Interview Ana Lily Amirpour did with wastemag, that I really just felt vibes with what we've been talking about in class in context to allowing an idea to lead you, and then expanding on the very idea:

"....But I’m always thinking what I can make next because creating is like breathing to me.  So I’m thinking of the next thing I’m going to make and then letting it lead me where it wants to take me.  Making a movie makes you an explorer.  Because once you have an idea it gives you other ideas and they grow like fungus and you follow each spore and examine it.  Then another pops up.  Then I google things and buy books and magazines rabidly.  Seriously my house is like stacks of books on every surface..."

You can check out some of Amirpour's work at:
http://www.analilyamirpour.com

1 comment: