Friday, October 10, 2014

Weekly Blog Post - Nat Kohl

Jonathan Schoonover - current MFA student at the School of Visual Arts in NYC. http://jonathanschoonover.com/

"I really like working in both styles simultaneously. I love obnoxious contrast and color. I also really enjoy deep shadows and ethereal environments. I try not to limit myself to one shooting style. Things could potentially get really dull for me if I did that.
I want to make work that I’m excited about. Sometimes that means making something completely different than what I made the day before." 
I thought this quote from an interview with Need Supply, Co. was perfect. It relates to what we were discussing on Thursday and how throwing new sparks into your work flow is necessary. I've been using a certain lighting style for what seems like awhile now, and I'm a bit afraid to try anything else, so I'm going to try something new, too. Looking through Schoonover's work is a good reminder that I can play and still have serious work that looks like it belongs to me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment