Saturday, October 25, 2014

Hannah Nees - Weekly Artist Post - Polly Penrose




Polly Penrose is a photographer from London who studied graphic design at Camberwell College of Art. She changed her major to fashion styling, then eventually to photography. The photographs above are from the series A Body of Work. They are all self portraits that show how her body fits into certain spaces that she comes across. She says on her website that "They are never pre-meditated, often I’ve never seen the location before, and I never enter a space with an idea of a finished picture."

I found this series to be incredibly interesting, because of how the light plays on the spaces as well as her body. I think that she does a really great job at the self portrait by not showing her face in all of the photographs. I find it very interesting that all the photographs from this series were taken while she was alone, and sometimes afraid. This reminds me of my own process of taking photographs at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment