Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bryan Schutmaat



This week in my contemporary issues class me and my class mates are getting the opportunity to have a skype talk from the photographer Bryan Schutmaat. I was introduced to his work recently and his distinctive style and the strong dialogue present within his works, especially the 'Grays the mountain sends' series, are really things that I admire. The way he has played with his depth of fields and the relationship between both photographer and sitter he has managed to achieve with the strangers used is both engaging and beautifully satisfying.

I am really excited to hear what he has to say in regards to his and other peoples work and hope that he speaks of how he approaches his sitters, achieving the sort of expressions in his images which demand attention from the viewer. I think that I could learn a lot from it...

No comments:

Post a Comment