Monday, February 24, 2014

Whitney-Scared Photo


I spent days worrying about what I was going to photograph, because I couldn’t for the life of me recall something I’d really wanted to photograph that I was afraid of. True to my personality, I had myself worked up over vague concepts that I had overlooked a literal instance in which I was too afraid to photograph something. A week or so ago, I was sitting in the car at the bp on Cary and Meadow waiting for my boyfriend to get gas. I was admiring the shapes and lighting that came from the window of the convenience store, the laundromat next door, the stacks of cigarette boxes and the round windows of the washing machines. I had my camera with me and everything, but I just could not will myself to take the picture. This is why I’ve found myself in a parking lot at the ass crack of dawn photographing this gas station. I think I want to do it again though, because I’m still unhappy with it. I will have to keep going back at different times/under different circumstances. I almost like the one I took right before I got back into the car. The colors, clouds and lights competing with the moon were just a different image completely. If I've learned anything from this it's that I can't let my thoughts keep me from just doing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment