Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Elin Hoyland

I discovered Elin Hoyland in the depths of some strange photographic Hell of a search for someone I'd never heard of. I was attracted to her series, Brothers, which simply documents the every day lives of two brothers who have lived together their whole lives. The series made me think of who how much they could potentially sacrifice spending so much time together, as well as the simple social sacrifices of living in a fairly isolated space with one person so long. I could potentially be interested in further looking into proximity and relationships. Hoyland's few other works seems to also revolve around family and relationships, which I am personally attracted to in my work. I wasn't really interested in any other aspects of Hoyland's portfolio.





No comments:

Post a Comment