Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Throwing Spaghetti at the Wall - Jessica Berry

I really enjoyed getting to write that long. Felt good to be able to just sit and write every word that came to my mind down. It has been a long time since I've done that and every time I do I seem to always wonder why I don't make a habit of it. As soon as were told we would be cutting out every word of the printed word document I was 1. relieved that I wasn't going to have to cut up my actual journal entry (which is what I thought he was going to make us do at first... scissors, but no magazines or other papers gave it away) and 2. instantly regretted writing so much down. From that moment on it became a war between my shaky hands and cutting any part of a letters off. If I cut off the hanging parts of any "p" or "g" when I was cutting the rows or cut too close the millions of "I"'s I just had to put in my journal entry, it felt like failure. I eventually got into the rhythm and it went pretty smoothly for both me and the letters. It was fun and I can't wait to see what we do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment