Sunday, September 7, 2014

Aspen Mays - 1% of this is from The Big Bang

Aspen Mays’ series entitled, “1% of this is from The Big Bang” personally didn’t interest me right away, but through description, process, and small bits of factual information beside each image, I more and more became oddly fascinated. An image that I would normally nod off, specifically one named, “Woodstock” (3:52, CSN&Y) “We are stardust, we are golden…” was mentioned in brief as created using an audio triggered flash while singing the chorus to the song “Woodstock,” and it personally becomes that more interesting after reading the explanation. There’s also the images of the TV static photograms, which reveal that static on television screens as radiation leftover from The Big Bang. Though I did initially not find myself as responsive to the images as I would have liked, it wasn’t specifically until I read the headings or text that they all became that much more intriguing, pointing out the importance of titles and image descriptions.








No comments:

Post a Comment