Monday, September 8, 2014

teddy leinbach-weekly artist post-robin rhode

Robin Rhode was the first artist that I really appreciated.  I visited the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University when I was a little kid and his art drew me in.  Obviously the sports themes were a big draw to me but I also appreciated the different style that he uses.  His work is not what one would always consider as 'art'.  In a different context, it should just be a fun experiment.  In the context of an art gallery, it makes you look at the work differently.  It was the first time I considered the boundaries of what art is and the start of a different way of viewing my own work.

I couldn't find a personal website but this should suffice:

http://www.lehmannmaupin.com/artists/robin-rhode





No comments:

Post a Comment