Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Weekly Artist post- Lexi Wilson

I know I talked about Kaylynn Deveney last week, but I just found another project of hers that interested me that I wanted to share it for this weeks post. In this project she photographs an elderly couple as they no longer can function safely in their own home and move to a nursing home. She captures their daily life in the nursing home and attempts to portray the essence and depth of the couple's relationship. She pairs these images with journal entries that she wrote about during her time with them. Much of her fascination with age stems from her relationship with her grandmother. Her work investigates growing old and facing death as these are fears in her own life.





http://www.kaylynndeveney.com/edithandlenintro.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment