Sunday, September 7, 2014

Taylor Stevenson: John Pinderhughes


John Pinderhughes is a commercial photographer based in New York. When I look through his work I see a interest in light and color through the use of gels and some natural light. I find it interesting that most of his work is done for an ad but is very artistic. I appreciate his attention to subject/background relations. I gives you that extra information and allows you to get to know the model on a more intimate level as compared to a simple portrait where the identity of the model is lost. It seems as if the models are so much more comfortable being photographed in spaces that they are familiar with, or atleast I think they are familiar with these spaces. It makes it easier to get a unposed photo the a "natural" setting. He also has the typical commercial work portraits that i am not as interested in but i do appreciate his  use of light. 




No comments:

Post a Comment