Monday, September 1, 2014

Shelby Hastings: Weekly Artist Post - Jamey Stillings

Jamey Stillings first caught my eye when I stumbled across a project of hers labeled "Evolution of Ivanpah Solar." The project focuses on landscape studies about the Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System out in the Mojave Desert of California. It has become the largest solar plant in the world, being able to power over 140,000 homes. She is using these photographs to bring questions up about these renewable power plants and the way which they use the land and resources.

I quite enjoy the project because I am more keen into landscape photography and the beauty that nature (and this case how humans interact with it as well) provides us. While I prefer there to not be hints of human life in this genre, it flows well in this project. There is a well thought out design with the power plants and how they set up within the land that they built upon.






No comments:

Post a Comment