Monday, October 8, 2012

Images & Song & Book

Here are my most recent images - from Crawford Road.


I've decided to share an album that always puts me in the creative mood. It's called Young Mountain, by the band This Will Destroy You. The whole album is only about a half hour long, but I find it to be really inspiring.


I've also finished American Psycho and will be starting on the novel Rant by Chuck Palahniuk. I like to think that Rant relates to my concept because of the way it is written. It is not a traditional novel, but a narrative in the style of an oratory history. It traces a fictional nationwide rabies epidemic to its Patient Zero through anecdotes told by those who knew the man and other forms of keeping record of a significant cultural event. It's very jarring and gritty but also very voyeuristic in a perverse manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment