Monday, October 8, 2012

Song&Reading

"The Danger in Starting a Fire" by A Day To Remember


I recently finished up reading Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. This book was suggested by a friend, as it strongly deals with the concept of physical identity and the idea that real discoveries come from chaos, stupidity, and mistakes. Throughout the novel, drugs (pills) are essential in developing the characters and their roles. By the end though, everything, every aspect, detail, character, and event fall in to place as this one big tangled knot of fucked up decisions that lead to this ultimate idea that in order to live your life to the absolute fullest, you have to go to the places that look wrong and stupid and foolish. Yeah, on the surface, this book dealt with identity a ton, but it really ended up enlightening me more so on my outlook on life, and insight into a whole other world.

For my next reading, I am reading Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov. I remember hearing Shane mention it earlier in the semester, and it drew my interest. We'll see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment