Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Abelardo Morrell and the Camera Obscura



In the history of photography last week our professor brought up the invention and progression of the camera obscura.  She talked about the invention and it's uses in the past and how it's continued to be used by modern day photographers.  
Abelardo Morrell was one of the examples that she mentioned in class; I've learned about Morrell in past classes and have even built a camera obscura during a class period in a studio last year.  I wanted to post this to the blog because Morrell is one of my favorite modern artists, seeing his work never ceases to amaze me.  I love to see these unique images of cityscapes across the world projected into hotel rooms and apartments and then photographed and presented; the images have such depth and beauty.  I almost forget how much I loved his work until he was brought up in conversation.




No comments:

Post a Comment