Monday, September 26, 2016

Ben Thouard

AHHHHHH IM SO STOKED AND SO JEALOUS OF THIS GUY. He photographs the ocean and is in Tahiti...I know its probably very wrong to be jealous of other artists.... artistic outdoor photography just really puts a fire in my belly. Im still trying to figure out why the outdoors and natural (giving the medium power) usage of mediums excite me so much. May sound cheesy but I love having the ability to embrace and give freedom to the medium (example: how jackson pollock did his work.) He was both in and out of control of the paint. You can see Ben Thouard start to treat the waves like paint splattering on a canvas....I truly am at my happiest when Im outdoors. And I love being able to decide where Im going, but have no idea what beautiful moments I can capture while there. Which is similar (im guessing) to how Ben Thouard ended up with these beautiful underwater pictures. He put himself in a magnificent natural place and his artistic eye caught these moments and said "dang that would make a beautiful photo" CLICK

http://www.benthouard.com/Underwater-visions/

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome. I'm always jealous of underwater photographers. And I love to go in the woods and just shoot nature pics. You should look into National Geographic photography and videos if you really like it. I've talked to a couple photographers that worked for them and they get access to awesome equipment, but occasionally have to sit in their own urine in a tiny box in the middle of nowhere. :( But I guess thats no big problem in the ocean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're jealous, get an underwater housing for your camera or an underwater camera!

    ReplyDelete