Monday, September 19, 2016

slide film update and reasons why

Today in class we went over "interrogating" our word, so I decided to sit down and make notes on the whole "why am I buying all of this dang used color slide film off of Ebay".
this is what I came up with:

buying slide film of past events, family's, etc. why?

-lack of family and memories, not knowing my family (not even sure of any of the names of my cousins, aunt, grandparents on fathers side). lost memories/ memories that my mom doesn't care for- maybe I like taking these memories that no one cares for and making them tended to again?

-not close with many family members on my Mother's side, due to distance and no communication nothing bad happened or anything.

I asked my mother for old color slide film, give me some and then went digging...I found a lot more hidden in drawers that she forgot about. I found parents honeymoon slides, some of the only photos I've ever seen of them together- married for 16 years. I have never seen my parents together, lack of knowledge of any of my family. Interested in parents slides for that reason. Scanning them in I became overwhelmed with feelings that I wanted to repurpose these old memories.

This is cheesy, but I found a link to repurpose photos and thought some of them were worth keeping
http://www.brit.co/30-diy-photo-projects/

I would love to get into doing things like this with the photos!

So what are your thoughts on repurposing these photos? any thoughts on how I could make them my own while still keeping there integrity?

No comments:

Post a Comment