Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Yuko Shimizu

Yuko Shimizu has some BEAUTIFUL illustrations! Based in New York, she uses paint, ink, and then Adobe Photoshop to color her illustrations. Makes me want to make time to use ink again, I also find it insteresting to use photoshop to add color to a piece in post. Ive personally only used it to color correct or distort. Im very interested to try this concept out for myself. I really enjoy her set color schemes and intersection between times periods and culture. Her freelance work she says turns into a collaboration between her and her clients. I was happy to see that her freelance work presents itself has HER work. Its disappointing when freelance causes an artist to lose their style in order to please their clients. CHECK HER OUT

http://create.adobe.com/2015/9/11/illustrator_yuko_shimizu_.html
https://www.behance.net/yuko

The second link has a bunch of her different collections NOT JUST SINGLE ILLUSTRATIONS so make sure you click on a few to see the whole collection.

1 comment:

  1. She's very talented and had strong compositions! I'm interested to know what type of mood these would give off if they weren't in color. I like the idea of using color, but I like pieces that can also stand alone without color (and don't rely on them). Of course, I probably think this because I am a huge fan of mute colors.

    ReplyDelete