Thursday, September 1, 2016

Henri Cartier-Bresson

https://pro.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?VP3=SearchResult&ALID=2TYRYD1D518O

Above, I attached a link to Magnumphoto.com that has series of Bresson's Decisive Moment.

Bresson is really well known for his Street Photography, especially Decisive moment series. Bresson's photograph really influenced the way i take photographs because before I knew about Bresson, I viewed street photography more like landscape photo, where you focus more on the shapes of building. However, after I looked at Bresson, I changed the way i take photo and focused more on people's interaction with environment/ others.

In his photo book, he defines photography as "simultaneous recognition, in the fraction of a second, of the significance of an event as well as of a precise organization of forms which give that event it's proper expression" So, as you can see on the bottom, there are many "unique moments" that shows playful interactions of people and the environment.









1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy street photography as well, I wonder what his eye was thinking when he was taking some of these photographs. they almost look unintentionally captures and then he just ended up liking the photos.

    ReplyDelete