Friday, September 2, 2016

Kisa Kavass

Kisa Kavass's work is influenced by stories of magic and mystery she heard as a child. She wants her work to remind the viewer of the stories we were all told as children and perhaps bring about new tails to think about. I enjoy the creepy undertones in her work that are still somehow almost whimsical. That creepy whimsy thing is right up my alley and I think she executed it very nicely. Aside from her fine art work she also runs a wedding photography business on the side. I'm still trying to decide if I like her work or not but I do think her conceptual work was really good for me to look at. However, I personally do not enjoy any of her other work. She needs to keep is creepy in my opinion.







'

2 comments:

  1. I could definitely see that portrait influence. I struggle personally with keeping it out of my work, but then realized I don't need to. I Think her work looks like those huge accounts on IG with 150K followers (or tumblr). but, I personally don't see anything wrong with that. I like her influence on my mood especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel similarly as I look through her website, I can't seem to decide if I like her work or not. I think in some of the more precious photos the tone doesn't work as well for me. Definitely more drawn to the darker or more mysterious images.

    ReplyDelete