Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Art Books

In the next couple I, along with my peers, will have to create our own collection of pieces into a book for my Digital 2 class. This is very exciting for me because This will be my first attempt at putting together a book. The possibilities of what can be considered an art book are endless, however that endlessness does bring a little bit of anxiety. There have been soooo many interesting interpretations of the "book" by so many different artists that I don't know how I could just pick one. Though I do think I've found an artists collective whos books I enjoy most, at least for now. That group is known as "Visionaire." I recently had a chance to view a couple of the "books" they've released, special collections in the library has a few items from Visionaire. I put books in quotes because these books weren't exactly pages bounded by a cover, but rather physical items that added in how you saw each piece. Every thing Visionaire release has a number, for instance the book I viewed that I enjoyed most was Visionaire 62. Though it was a highly crafted collection of pieces and probably something I couldn't exactly emulate, it did give me a more abstract way to approach making my own book. So I wanted to ask the class what are ya'lls favorite art books and why? Also I've attached a link to to Visionaire website.http://www.visionaireworld.com/issues

No comments:

Post a Comment