Sunday, November 16, 2014

Weekly Artist Post - Arvida Bystrom - Hannah Nees





Arvida Bystrom is a photographer/ model/ musician baed out of London. She is 23 years old and has accomplished a lot in her short time on this Earth. She has photographed for magazines such as Vice, Monki, Rookie Mag and Garage. Her photography has also been featured on the Urban Outfitters website. After growing up in Stockholm, she is now settled in London and says that she is "doing more photography than I intended to." In the future, she says that she hopes to make a book.

I find this series of images to be interesting, because of how plastic everything looks. The photographs of herself seem almost doll-like and I really appreciate that 3D sense. I also enjoy the use of plain colored backgrounds that seem to be pastel colors. She was also smart not to have brand names on the objects in her photographs. I feel that this series may have something to do about the monotony of everyday life, because of the simple objects in her photographs. The cereal bowl and screen shot of a phone conversation reminds me of eating breakfast and checking your phone every morning, then the phone next to her face on the bed reminds me of checking your phone every night before falling asleep. Her use of color is also appealing to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment